Thyme and olive oil sorbet
It is soon the peak season of the olives of Nyons, this beautiful black fleshy olive that displays its maturity once wrinkled. From this fruit our oil growers and our millers produce an exceptional exceptional olive oil, which we suggest you discover through a recipe that will have its place on your festive tables: a sorbet with thyme and olive oil, made by chef Paul Roussel of La Charrette Bleue restaurant in Condorcet.
6 sprigs of lemon thyme
1 lemon juice
Nyons Olive Oil PDO
- Boil water, sugar and lemon juice
- Out of the fire, infuse the lemon thyme sprigs for 30 minutes
- Pass the syrup through a Chinese stamen and work with an ice cream maker
Serve a ball in a glass, drizzle with a spoonful of Nyons Olive Oil and garnish with a sprig of lemon thyme
Want to discover olive oil and olives in a different way?
- Assist in olive pressing
- 3 traditional festivals that celebrate the olive harvest and new oil
- Activities, places of visit and stays