Condorcet is a village with about 500 inhabitants. It is situated at a dozen kilometers northeast of Nyons and benefits from a soft and moderate climate. Situated halfway a mountain (350m height), the village is protected from the Mistral.
The village is the crib of the family of the famous Jean-Antoine de Caritat, as known as Marquis of Condorcet, who played an important role during the french revolution.
Even if there is not much left of the old village, you will be able to discover the area thanks to the "Discovery hiking path" the ruins of the castle (13rd century) and the Saint-Jean-Baptiste Church (17th century), and also the old cemetery which is still intact.
At the end of the path, at the top of the mountain, you will arrive on a plateau which has a 360° panoramic view!
Another surprising discovery: Condorcet was once a spa resort and used be called "Condorcet les Bains".
A must see/do:
- Panorama from the castle (old village)
- Discovery path "A man, a village". About 2km with explanatory boards. Starting spot in front of the modern Church.
- Village party: 1st week-end of august
- Historic patrimony
- Town / Village
- Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Unguided group tours available permanently
Amenities and Services
- Pets welcome